Tuesday, October 10, 2017

MEET MEGHAN TAFF: REVOLUTIONS IN FITNESS NEWEST TEAM MEMBER


Why did you choose this profession?
photo (1).pngI’ve​ ​always​ ​been​ ​active,​ ​even​ ​as​ ​a​ ​kid,​ ​so​ ​I​ ​knew​ ​I​ ​wouldn’t be​ ​good​ ​at​ ​a​ ​desk​ ​job.​ ​As​ ​I​ ​got​ ​into​ ​high​ ​school,​ ​I​ ​saw​ ​a lot of​ ​my​ ​friends​ ​get​ ​hurt​ ​and​ ​have​ ​to​ ​see​ ​the​ ​athletic​ ​trainer​ ​at school​ ​or​ ​a​ ​physical​ ​therapist​ ​after​ ​school.​ I love to help people and enjoy seeing people accomplish their goals, so after ​doing​ ​a lot of​ ​observation​ ​hours,​ ​I​ ​knew​ ​it​ ​was​ ​the​ ​job​ ​for​ ​me.


What is your primary area of interest within the field of physiotherapy? What are you certified in?
I​ ​have​ ​a lot​ ​of​ ​interests​ ​within​ ​my​ ​profession.​ ​Every​ ​few years,​ ​there​ ​seems​ ​to​ ​be​ ​something​ ​new​ ​that​ ​sparks​ ​my interest​ ​and​ ​then​ ​I​ ​work​ ​hard​ ​to​ ​learn​ ​that​ ​skill.​ ​The​ ​true testament​ ​of​ ​whether​ ​or​ ​not​ ​it​ ​sticks​ ​is​ ​how​ ​my​ ​endurance athletes​ ​(including​ ​myself)​ ​respond​ ​to​ ​it.​ ​For​ ​example,​ ​I’ve had​ ​tremendous​ ​success​ ​with​ ​implementing​ ​Rock Tape​ ​and Myofascial​ ​Decompression​ ​(cupping)​ ​into​ ​my​ ​practice. I​ ​am​ ​certified​ ​in​ ​Strength​ ​and​ ​Conditioning​ ​(CSCS),​ ​soft tissue​ ​mobilization​ ​(ASTYM),​ ​myofascial​ ​decompression (MFD),​ ​Kinesio taping​ ​(Rock Tape),​ ​and​ ​Functional Movement​ ​Screens​ ​(FMS/SFMA).
What do you do to keep fit?
I’m​ ​always​ ​training.​ ​Maybe​ ​it’s​ ​because​ ​there’s​ ​never enough​ ​hours​ ​in​ ​the​ ​day,​ ​but​ ​I​ ​never​ ​seem​ ​to​ ​get​ ​burnt​ ​out on​ ​this​ ​stuff.​ ​Besides​ ​the​ ​swim,​ ​bike,​ ​run​ ​aspects,​ ​I​ ​also​ ​do strength/circuit​ ​training,​ ​Cross Fit,​ ​and​ ​Bikram​ ​Yoga.​ ​It​ ​took me​ ​awhile​ ​to​ ​find​ ​the​ ​right​ ​combination​ ​to​ ​keep​ ​me​ ​healthy and​ ​allow​ ​me​ ​to​ ​keep​ ​up​ ​a​ ​certain​ ​volume,​ ​but​ ​after​ ​12 years,​ ​I’ve​ ​made​ ​plenty​ ​of​ ​mistakes​ ​and​ ​have​ ​come​ ​out​ ​the other​ ​side​ ​all​ ​the​ ​wiser.​ ​And​ ​if​ ​that​ ​wasn’t​ ​enough,​ ​my husband​ ​and​ ​I​ ​usually​ ​take​ ​bike​ ​trips​ ​for​ ​our​ ​vacations. We’ve​ ​ridden​ ​through​ ​Ireland,​ ​South​ ​Africa,​ ​Hawaii,​ ​and Mallorca.
Do you have any favorite exercises or stretches for yourself and/or your clients to prevent injury?

I​ ​find​ ​that​ ​going​ ​back​ ​to​ ​the​ ​basic​ ​building​ ​blocks​ ​are always​ ​a​ ​wise​ ​idea​ ​for​ ​triathletes/runners,​ ​especially​ ​now that​ ​we’re​ ​heading​ ​into​ ​the​ ​off-season.​ ​Core,​ ​hip,​ ​glut,​ ​and postural​ ​strengthening​ ​should​ ​always​ ​be​ ​at​ ​the​ ​top​ ​of​ ​one’s list.​ ​Basic​ ​flexibility​ ​for​ ​upper​ ​body,​ ​back,​ ​and​ ​lower​ ​body, as​ ​well​ ​as​ ​foam​ ​rolling​ ​are​ ​equally​ important.​ ​My​ ​foam​ ​roller is​ ​my​ ​best​ ​friend​ ​and​ ​it’s​ ​also​ ​traveled​ ​to​ ​as​ ​many countries/states​ ​as​ ​I​ ​have.

Why did you choose to join the team at Revolutions in Fitness?
Over​ ​the​ ​past​ ​1-2​ ​year​s ​I’ve​ ​searched​ ​the​ ​country​ ​for​ ​PT opportunities​ ​that​ ​would​ ​allow​ ​me​ ​to​ ​follow​ ​my​ ​passion​ ​of working​ ​with​ ​endurance​ ​athletes.

Revolutions in Fitness share the same  passion for  helping clients reach their maximum potential.  Working in an environment that supports this goal by providing one hour appointments has always been a desire of mine. ​

I’m​ ​very​ ​excited​ ​to​ ​join​ ​a team​ ​of​ ​like-minded​ ​physical​ ​therapy​ ​professionals​ ​and Revolutions​ ​in​ ​Fitness​ ​is​ ​exactly​ ​the​ ​type​ ​of​ ​clinic​ ​I​ ​have been​ ​searching​ ​for!
What is the most rewarding thing about what you do?
Seeing people get back to doing the things they love again. Whether that's racing again or helping them climb a flight of stairs without pain! That's how I know I've done my job.

When should someone come and see you?
I​ ​am​ ​starting​ ​on​ ​10/30/17.​ ​I​ ​will​ ​be​ ​at​ ​the​ ​Palo​ ​Alto​ ​location​ ​on MW​ ​for​ ​the​ ​time being.​ ​My​ ​hours​ ​are​ ​10am-7pm.​ ​Now​ ​is​ ​the perfect​ ​time​ ​to​ ​schedule​ ​an​ ​appointment​ ​for​ ​a​ ​biomechanical evaluation​ ​and​ ​gait​ ​analysis.​ ​The​ ​off-season​ ​should​ ​be​ ​used to​ ​identify​ ​and​ ​treat​ ​your​ ​problem​ ​areas,​ ​so​ ​that​ ​you​ ​can​ ​start the​ ​new​ ​year/season​ ​with​ ​a​ ​bang!


140732-082-002h.png



More questions for Meghan? No problem. Post your question on @revolutionsinfitness Facebook page and we will get them answered in the upcoming “Ask Revolutions In Fitness” video.


***Limited Time Offer*** 
Schedule now and receive $50 off all services for Meghan!!!       

Meghan In Action!
 Check out Meghan participating in the Oakland Triathlon this year!

                     For more information contact Revolutions in Fitness 

              Phone: (650) 260 4743        Email: office@revolutionsinfitness.com